Accountant (maternity cover)
27th Aug 2020
Francois Marine Services is looking for an Accountant
Reporting to the Group Accountant, the incumbent will:
- Organize, direct and control all activities in the Finance Department and ensure that the procedures laid down are communicated and the progress of activities is regulated and checked against targets and plans.
- Help to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the Finance Department and ensure the department level processes are clearly communicated and understood.
Roles and Responsibilities
For Francois Marine B.V.
- Maintain full set of accounts.
- Submit GST Reports on a monthly basis.
- Prepare and analyze cash flow reports and cash flow projection.
- Prepare monthly payroll payments to Francois Marine B.V. staff and payroll-related payments to the relevant tax authority.
- Review detailed Accounts Payable (AP) and Accounts Receivable (AR) aged reports for long overdue items.
For Francois Marine Services (Singapore Office)
- Adhere strictly to monthly closing deadlines.
- Compute tax for the financial year.
- Prepare monthly and year-end audit schedules and monthly accounts reconciliation.
- Review exceptions report (e.g. ‘goods received not invoiced’ and ‘shipped not invoiced’) to clear outstanding items.
- Generate weekly and monthly detailed AR aging reports, update with subsequent receipts and commentaries.
- Perform analytical review on month-to-month profit and loss and balance sheet items.
- Analyze actual monthly financial results against budgets and forecasts.
- Reconcile all balance sheet subledgers (e.g. fixed assets, AR and AR to general ledger).
- Generate inventory report and reconcile with general ledger.
- Analyze customers’ profit margin at month end as part of monthly closing activities.
- Serve as point-of-contact to troubleshoot inventory related errors from Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
- Coordinate inventory counts and support investigations pertaining to count variance and post stock adjustments.
- Liaise with auditors and bankers for accounting related issues.
- Ensure that all activities are carried out in accordance with the company’s Quality, Health, Safety & Environment (QHSE) and Ethics & Compliance policies.
- Perform any other duties or projects as requested by the superior.
Required Professional Certification
- Minimum Diploma in Finance and Accounting related field or its equivalent.
- Highly organized and structured with strong level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Problem solving and analytical skills, coupled with demonstrated ability to work to tight and conflicting deadlines.
- MS-Office and Outlook skills.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and be able to work in a diverse and multicultural environment.
Closing date: 28th Sep 2020