Accounts Assistant (Accounts Payable)
25th Aug 2020
Francois Marine Services is looking for an Accounts Assistant (Accounts Payable)
Reporting to the Assistant Finance Manager, the incumbent will maintain individual accounts payable subledger accounts and make adjustment whenever necessary.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for posting of suppliers’ invoices after matching against the Purchase Order and posted Goods Receipt.
- Enter and post suppliers’ invoices in the accounting system within five working days.
- Maintain individual Accounts Payable subledger accounts and make adjustment whenever necessary.
- Follow up on invoice discrepancies with Warehouse and Key Accounts Departments.
- Generate received but not invoiced report on a weekly basis and follow up to ensure they are invoiced as soon as possible.
- Generate purchase return notes to suppliers.
- Review detailed accounts payable aging report (fortnightly) to identify long outstanding entries and resolve them.
- Scan and save softcopy of suppliers’ invoices in common drives.
- Pay suppliers within credit terms and generate payment vouchers from accounting system for credit terms suppliers.
- Handle petty cash payments.
- Issue cheque, telegraphic transfer, GIRO and cash payments to suppliers.
- Perform monthly reconciliation of suppliers’ statement with the subledger.
- Assist Francois Marine B.V. in posting suppliers’ invoices and processing payment to suppliers.
- Assist in investigations e.g. aged xdock items that are still remaining in the inventory balance.
- Comply with internal controls procedures and processes in line with company’s policies.
- Ensure that all activities are carried out in accordance with the company’s Quality, Health, Safety & Environment (QHSE) and Ethics & Compliance policies.
- Perform any other duties or projects as requested by the superior.
Required Professional Certification
- Minimum Diploma in Finance and Accounting related field or its equivalent.
- Highly organized and structured with strong level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Problem solving and analytical skills, coupled with demonstrated ability to work to tight and conflicting deadlines.
- MS Office and Outlook skills.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and be able to work in a diverse and multicultural environment.
Closing date: 25th Sep 2020