Key Account Officer (Provisions)
1st Sep 2021
Francois Marine B.V. is looking for a Key Account Officer (Provisions) in Holland.
- Responsible for the customers that are being assigned, e.g. for quotation and orders, communications, to check every order for discrepancies before handing over the order.
- Ensure response of quotation and receipt of order can be achieved within the shortest time for urgent order/quotation.
- Ensure delivery schedule as per requirement from the client, else notify and inform the customer on any delays or substitutions promptly.
- Provide fast and accurate response to the customers e.g. ensure correct source, price, quality, delivery as per individual customer requirements.
- Prepare and maintain customer pricelists.
- Prepare customer analyses reports (eg. Turnover reports, purchase history etc).
Roles & Responsibilities
- Review customers’ requirements and resolve any contractual differences with the customer.
- Communicate effectively and clearly with the customers and suppliers, and ensure suppliers are offering as per customer’s requirements, and if not to be clearly communicated to the customer.
- Negotiate with suppliers for better prices for just-in-time or infrequent items.
- Procure cost-effective goods or services and ensure on-time delivery by suppliers at the agreed price and to meet internal and external quality, safety, and certification requirements.
- Ensure the customers get the right item, at the required time and place and at the right cost in a cost-effective manner.
- Follow up with any customers’ complaints and take corrective actions and prevent occurrences with QEHS Department.
- Review all purchasing documents (order confirmation, purchase orders) and ensure accuracy and completeness within the allocated sphere of responsibility.
- Always utilize stock items at all times at any given opportunity.
- Follow-up calls, emails, etc. to clients daily.
- Raise NCR and identify the root cause of returns in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all activities are carried out in accordance with the company’s Quality, Health, Safety & Environment (QHSE) and Ethics & Compliance policies.
- Perform any other duties or projects as requested by the superior.
Required Professional Certification
- Minimum Secondary or Diploma level (MBO-4) or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 to 5 years relevant experience within the ship supply industry.
- Proficiency in English, adaptable to change, and well organized.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills, coupled with demonstrated ability to work to tight and conflicting deadlines.
- Microsoft Excel skill is a preference – VLOOKUP, Index, Pivot table.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and be able to work in a diverse and multicultural environment.
Closing date: 30th Sep 2021