Key Account Officer (Technical)
1st Sep 2021
Francois Marine B.V. is hiring a Key Account Officer (Technical) in Holland.
- Responsible for the customers that are being assigned, such as quotation and order fulfillment, client communications, discrepancy checking, and management before delivery of the order.
- Rapid response to quotations and order receipts.
- Ensure delivery schedule as per requirement from the client, otherwise to promptly notify and inform the customer regarding delays or substitutions.
- Provide efficient and accurate responses to the customers, such as correct source, price, quality, delivery, per individual customer requirements.
- Prepare and maintain customer pricelists.
- Train junior key accounts officers with technical product knowledge.
- Prepare customer reports and analyses (i.e. Turnover reports, purchase history, etc).
Roles & Responsibilities
- Review conscientiously customers’ requirements and resolve any contractual differences with the customer.
- Communicate effectively and clearly with the customers and suppliers, and ensure suppliers are offering as per customer’s requirements, and if not to be clearly communicated to the customer.
- Negotiate with suppliers for better prices for just-in-time or infrequent items.
- Procure cost-effective goods or services and ensure on-time delivery by suppliers at the agreed price and to meet internal and external quality, safety, and certification requirements.
- Ensure the customers get the right item, at the required time and place and at the right cost in a cost-effective manner.
- Follow up with any customers’ complaints and take corrective actions and prevent occurrences with the Quality, Health, Safety & Environment (QHSE) Department.
- Review all purchasing documents (i.e. order confirmation, purchase orders) and ensure accuracy and completeness within the allocated sphere of responsibility.
- Always utilize stock items at all times at any given opportunity.
- Follow up with calls, emails, and so on to clients on a daily basis.
- Raise any Non-Conformance Report (NCR) and identify the root cause of returns in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all activities are carried out in accordance with the company’s QHSE and Ethics & Compliance policies.
- Perform any other duties or projects as requested by the superior.
Required Professional Certification & Skills
- Minimum Secondary or Diploma level (MBO-4) or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 to 10 years relevant experience within the ship supply industry.
- Proficiency in English, adaptable to change, and well organized.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills, coupled with demonstrated ability to work to tight and conflicting deadlines.
- Microsoft Excel skills are a must Vlookup, Index, Pivot table. VBA knowledge is a plus.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and be able to work in a diverse and multicultural environment.
- Have extended knowledge about the IMPA catalog.
Closing date: 30th Sep 2021