Warehouse Supervisor (in the Netherlands)
5th Apr 2021
Francois Marine & Offshore's Dutch office is expanding and looking to hire a Warehouse Supervisor!
Basic Job Description
- Manage / assign / monitor daily tasks of the Warehouse Operatives to perform order fulfillment in accordance with the urgency on delivery.
- Manage and maintain work schedules ensuring sufficient coverage during staff absenteeism, on weekends and holidays.
- Perform random checking on completed tasks and ensure discrepancies are reported to the Supply Chain Manager, and corrective actions are implemented.
- Ensure the timely processing/administration of documents.
- If required, execute, and support operative tasks, such as loading/unloading, picking, packing, put-away, counting, cleaning, checking of orders and paperwork, etc.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Assign tasks and orders to the Warehouse Operatives to be completed for the day. Ensure all receipts and deliveries are checked and processed on time.
- Ensure that the Warehouse environment and Warehouse Operatives meet all safety and hygiene rules/regulations.
- Carry out inspections and ensure that items stated on the supplier pack lists (inbound) and picking lists/x-dock lists (outbound) are correctly checked for quality, quantity, expiry, proper packing, and labeling.
- Check delicate or perishable items are properly stored, packaged, and protected to prevent damage during storage and picking before or during delivery to the customers.
- Ensure stocks that are received are put away in the designated locations within 48 hours applying FIFO. Isolate received orders with discrepancies and provide feedback to the Supply Chain Officer.
- Ensure that Warehouse Operatives understand and achieve the KPI’s and daily tasks assigned by providing proper onboarding, training, education, and explanation of SOPs and motivate the importance of compliance.
- Meet warehouse operational standards by contributing warehouse information to KPI reporting, strategic plans, and reviews; implementing production, sustainability, safety, productivity, quality, and customer service standards; resolving problems; identifying warehouse (IT) systems and improvements.
- Support and run ad-hoc, weekly, quarterly, and annual count procedures to determine and report variances and to resolve discrepancies in the stocks. Trigger inventory checking if excess or shortage pick is found on final inspection.
- Report low or out-of-stock situations to the Supply Chain Officer for both sales items and packaging materials.
- Be the advocate for a positive and safe working attitude. Review Warehouse Operatives performance and absenteeism, including reporting and documenting recommend disciplinary actions, etc.
- Ensure that all activities are carried out in accordance with the company’s policies and local legislation for Quality, Health, Safety & Environment (QHSE), Ethics & Compliance, and Food hygienic standards.
- Ensure that facility (overhead doors, freezer, etc.) and warehouse equipment (forklift, pump trucks, etc.) are properly maintained and track related expenses.
- Ensure there are active and constructive communications and collaboration with other departments to ensure timely delivery of customer orders, accurate inventory, and continuous improvement.
- Perform any other duties or projects as requested by the superior.
Required Professional Certification & Skills
- Intermediate vocational education in Logistics and a minimum of 2 years relevant supervisory/managerial experience.
- Proficient at storekeeping and warehouse functions.
- Forklift and Reach truck licenses are required.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills, coupled with demonstrated ability to work to tight and conflicting deadlines. Willingness to work early / late / weekend shifts if required.
- MS-Office and administrative skills.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills.
Closing date: 5th May 2021